Magical Words United We Spy (Fetele Gallagher #6) de Ally Carter


“[…]but there are some scars that even bangs can’t cover, and they were still there. I could feel them.”

“So I stepped away, reminding myself that when you’re a spy, sometimes all you can do is go on. One foot in front of the other, wherever the narrow path might lead.”
 
“If anyone knew not to underestimate a Gallagher Girl, it should have been this guy. But in my professional opinion, guys almost always underestimate girls. And honestly, we Gallagher Girls wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“ “I’m finished. And…and…this is your fault.” He pointed in my direction. “You should have had the decency to die when we needed you to.”
“Sorry,” I admitted. “I’ve been going through a bit of a rebellious streak. I swear it’s almost over.” “

“People don’t get to choose their families. Or their family businesses.”

“I know childhood is supposed to scar you, but mine seemed to be going to extremes.”

“Macey gave me an It’s not fun, is it? look, but I didn’t have time to consider the irony. Or the hypocrisy. Honestly, there’s such a fine line between the two that sometimes it makes my head hurt.”

“The future was out there. And I couldn’t shake the feeling that it was more than a little bit scary.”

“Maybe it’s a spy thing, or maybe it’s a girl thing—but when you spend your whole life trying out a series of aliases, it is a great comfort to find someone who knows and likes the person behind the cover.”

“Macey cut her eyes at her. “Looks can be deceiving.” “

“I felt his arms go around me, holding me tight.
I was safe.
I was warm.
I was home. “

“That’s the thing about spies. Most of the secrets we keep are from each other.”

“There comes a time in every spy’s life when you don’t have the luxury of caring. Emotion is a rarity, a commodity so precious that you have to dole it out in special, secret batches. “

“ “You need a coat,” Zach told me an hour later. Then he took off his own jacket and slipped it around my shoulders. Because even major security threats of global proportions couldn’t stop my boyfriend from being pretty much the sexiest guy alive.”

“I speak fourteen different languages. I should know “good-bye” when I hear it. “

“Every good operative knows that the world is small, but the planet is big. “

“You never know how you’re going to react to something. To anything. Tragedy, joy, heartache. They affect us all in different ways in different times and different places. “

“Here’s the thing about being a spy: sometimes all you have are your lies. They protect your cover and keep your secrets, and right then I needed to believe that it was true even when all the facts said otherwise.”

“The facts will always find you. And the scarier they are, the faster they travel.”

“Some people always want to fight. Some are always looking for a reason not to.”

“You don’t really appreciate things until they’re gone. I know it’s a cliché, but it’s also true.”

“ “You know, it’s okay to admit a little weakness now and then, Cammie. It won’t kill you. In fact, I hear it makes you stronger.” “




Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

RECENZIE: Luminile Nordului, Pumnalul Tăinuit, Ocheanul de Ambră (Materiile Întunecate #1, #2, #3) de Philip Pullman

RECENZIE: Legend, Prodigy, Champion (Legend #1, #2, #3) de Marie Lu

Invitaţia la vals de Mihail Drumeş